Wednesday 1 July 2015

Singaporean Malays vs Malaysian Malays


Mohd Arshad Raji Raji
I have several Malay friends in Singapore and non has ever complain to me that they are not happy being a Singaporean. They live quite comfortably; some in HBP housing and some in bunglow houses, but the one glaring fact remains i.e. that they never say that their politicians are corrupt. They don't even say that those holding high position in government and GLCs are corrupt. The word corruption is never heard, unlike what we hear far too often among our politicians, government officials and those in GLCs. This is the major difference that I had observed in Singapore, and I can say for certain, Singapore Malays despite some claim that they are treated like second class citizens, they certainly are better off than Malaysian Malays.

June 29, 2015 Zaid Blog Again on Singapore Malays 000My recent blogpost on Singaporean Malays vis-à-vis Malaysian Malays has not gone down well with some Singaporean Malays. To recollect: I had said that I, as a Malaysian Malay,...
zaid.my

No comments:

Post a Comment